Monday, November 22, 2004

Is this ambitious or what!

Till a short while back, my writing muscles had almost atrophied from disuse. For the last month and a bit, they've been getting reasonably regular exercise in my first-ever blog and have been performing better than expected (Check out "Inspired to Blog" ) I wonder, though, if a second blog would stretch those flabby muscles too far... well, the only way to find out is to start another - which is what this is. My second blog. In case somebody didnt get the point. Duh.

This blog is going to have an actual theme - my travels (well, duh again). I might get around to ferreting out from various souces the emails that I wrote on previous travels (pre-blog travels, that is), and put them on here. That will take some time and effort (time on my part, effort by others!), so I guess it wont be happening any time soon. But what WILL go on here are future trips made by yours truly. Moi. Not to be confused with that extinct bird from New Zealand, the moa. Heh heh.

Anyway... next weekend, I'm off to Edinburgh to watch a rugby match. Rugby doesnt count as travel, but Edinburgh does. It will be my second trip there. It's a surprisingly nice looking city, especially the city centre, more European than English. Which, believe me, is a very good thing - especially for those who have seen Birmingham and Manchester and other big cities. The English villages have the most character. Towns are ok, kind of similar looking but not usually an eyesore.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. This, ladies and gentlemen, is merely a taster of travelposts, with photos as well. Keep an eye on this space.




4 comments:

Harish said...

Ur on a roll, aren't ya? :)
All the best!

Shammi said...

Yes, but the question is... am I rolling downhill? :) Thanks for the good wishes, Magix :)

Houseowner said...

hey shyam,
this blog doesnt allow anonymous comments!?
and i like this green, just a little less than i like the pink! :)
good luck. with rugby though, there's going to be a lot of people on the roll! :)
cheers!
ramya

p.s. nice smileys!

Shammi said...

I've no idea why this blog doesnt allow anonymous comments! It's a pain, as a couple of people have pointed out. Thanks for taking the trouble, though, Rums :)